The Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council (ITRC) wishes to acknowledge the following individuals for their support in converting the original Integrated DNAPL Site Strategy Guidance document to a web-based document.
Naji Akladiss, P.E., Maine Department of Environmental Protection.
Team leader for the original guidance document and led the web-conversion effort.
Janet Waldron, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
David Scheer, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
Dr. Dan Bryant, Woodard & Curran
Dr. Charles Newell, GSI Environmental Inc.
Dr. Heather Rectanus, Geosyntec Consultants
The members of the Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council (ITRC) Integrated DNAPL Site Strategy (IDSS) Team wish to acknowledge the individuals, organizations, and agencies that contributed to this technical and regulatory guidance document.
As part of the broader ITRC effort, the IDSS Team effort is funded primarily by the U.S. Department of Energy. Additional funding and support have been provided by the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The IDSS Team wishes to recognize the efforts of specific team members, as well as members who provided valuable written input in the development of this guidance. The efforts of all those who took valuable time to review and comment on this document are also greatly appreciated.
The team recognizes the efforts of the following state environmental personnel, who contributed to the development of this technical and regulatory guidance document:
- Naji Akladiss, P.E., Maine Department of Environmental Protection, Team Leader
- Robert Asreen, Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control
- Aaron Cohen, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Paul Hadley, California Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Alex MacDonald, California Regional Water Quality Board, Central Valley Region
- Alec Naugle, California Regional Water Quality Board
- Janet Waldron, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- David Scheer, Minnesota Pollution Control
- Michael B. Smith, Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation
- Larry Syverson, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
The team recognizes the contributions of the following stakeholder and academic representatives:
- Iona Black, Yale University
- H. Eric Nuttall, University of New Mexico–Emeritus
- Tom Sale, Colorado State University
- Kurt Pennell, Tufts University
The team also recognizes the contributions of the following federal agencies:
- Linda Fiedler, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Ficklen (Don) Holmes, Air Force Center for Engineering and the Environment/ERC
- Carmen Lebrón, Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center
- Ian Osgerby, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Nancy Ruiz, Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center
- Hans Stroo, Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program/Environmental Security Technology Certification Program
Finally, the team recognizes the contributions of the following consultants and industry representatives:
- Richard Brownell, P.E., ARCADIS
- Dan Bryant, Geo-Cleanse International, Inc.
- Grant Carey, Porewater Solutions
- Wilson Clayton, Aquifer Solutions
- Mary DeFlaun, Geosyntec Consultants, Inc.
- Robert Downer, Burns and McDonald Engineering Co.,
- Steve R. Hill, RegTech,
- Trevor King, P.E., Langan Engineering
- Mark Kluger, Dajak, LLC
- Richard Lewis, P.E., Conestoga-Rovers and Associates, Inc.
- Jerry Lisiecki, Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.
- Tamzen Macbeth, CDM
- David Major, Geosyntec Consultants, Inc.
- Bruce Marvin, Geosyntec Consultants,
- Patrick McLoughlin, Microseeps
- Charles Newell, GSI Environmental, Inc.
- Frederick Payne, ARCADIS
- Heather Rectanus, Geosyntec Consultants
- Mike Sieczkowski, JRW Bioremediation, LLC
- Ed (Ted) Tyler, Kleinfelder
- Todd Wiedemeier, T.H. Wiedemeier Associates, Inc.
- Ryan Wymore, P.E., CDM
We would also like to thank Dr. Michael Kavanaugh, Geosyntec Consultants, Inc., for contributing his time to peer-review various sections of this guidance. We appreciate his time and talent.